Image of a [gallery proof?] photograph of a lion corner stone, described by Garstang in the Hittite Empire as 'Skeikh Sa'ad: lion corner stone in early Hittite style' [plate LIII].
Skeikh Sa'ad: Lion sculpture
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 3431 JG/X/4/1
- Former ReferenceGB 3431 Misc D1GB 3431 MISC/D/1
- Dates of Creation
- Physical Description1 silver gelatine dry plate glass negative (110mm x 80mm)
- Digital Content
Scope and Content
Formerly stored in JG/X/9/3.
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Negative has light damage around the edges and silvery spots all over.
Conditions Governing Use
Creator is unknown. Copyright expired 70 years after the work was made available to the public.
Published in Garstang, (1929), Hittite Empire, pl. 53.