Letters to Sir James Marchant, concerning ecclesiastical affairs.
Letters to Sir James Marchant
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.lett.c.299-301,d.314-15
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. lett. c. 299-301, d. 314-15
- Dates of Creation1901-50
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir James Marchant (1867-1956) was a philanthropist. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The letters were bought from T.R.G. Lawrence in 1971 and G.V.M. Heap in 1970.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 41352-6.