Comprising daily excursion entries. Photo taken from the steamer of Arran and a group photo (opposite page 3); details of excursion to Clauchlands Point, including photographs showing the Saddle and Goat Fell from The Castles, account of toasting lunch sandwiches on the campfire, diagram of Pitstone Burn (opposite page 9); photo of group taking lunch on The Sheans (opposite Page 10); Ballymichael Glen excursion led by Professor Gregory including photograph (opposite page 12), note of fossils found, photograph showing party in North Glen Sannox finding spilites, and motor in a ditch on The String Road (pages 15-16); details of finding a quarry exposing carboniferous limestone with fossils, and visit to Machrie and stone circles and standing stones where worked flint flakes were uncovered, description of food and music including flute playing, diagrammatic section of Glen Ashdale Falls (page 25); and faulting in Glen Dubh (opposite Page 28); and diagram of wall of Glen Dubh corrie (opposite page 29), and detailed notes.
Arran and Brodick
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 590 SGWC 2/2/21
- Dates of Creation1926
- Physical Description1 volume
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
9th to 19th April, 1926. Club headquarters were Heathfield House, Brodick. Participants: W.G Tyrell; N.L Falcon; Professor J.W Gregory; A.R Edge; P.J.W Kilpatrick; C.H Bacon; P.C Ellis; H Spottiswood; E.O Hargreaves; J.B Auden; R.G Jones; B.C Nicholson.
- Friday April 9th: Clauchlands Point.
- Saturday April 10th: Glen Rosie.
- Sunday April 11th: Lamlash, Benlister Glen and Cnoc Dubh.
- Monday April 12th: Ballymichael Glen.
- Tuesday April 13th: Sannox, Rudha Ban, Goat Fell.
- Wednesday April 14th: Markland Burn, Corrie, Goat Fell.
- Thursday April 15th: Machrie, Kings Cave, Drumadoon Point, Blackwaterfoot.
- Friday April 16th: Kings Cross, Whiting Bay, Dipping Head, Kildonan, Bannan Head, Ross Road.
- Saturday April 17th: Whiting Bay, Glenashdale Falls, Lamlash.
- Sunday April 18th: Glen Cloy, Glen Dubh, Glen Shurig.