File containing manuscript and proofs of Jean Earle's first poetry collection A trial of strength (Manchester: Carcanet New Press, 1980). The book was typeset in-house at Carcanet and printed by Billings; the proofs were collated by Margaret Hutchinson. The file also includes a further bundle of manuscript poems by Earle which were not selected for inclusion in the collection.
Jean Earle, A trial of strength
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CPA/1/2/2/6
- Former ReferenceGB 133 Sequence 2, Boxes 42  and 51 
- Dates of CreationMar 1979-Apr 1980 & n.d.
- Physical Description3 pieces; 97 sheets