Papers which were stored in former box 53 of the archive, although they do not obviously relate to the other PN Review papers stored there. These papers are a mixture of manuscript, proof and supporting administrative papers; the proofs are those of book reviews, which were prepared for press but do not appear to have been published in any issue of the magazine. The papers comprise:
- /1 Photocopied extract from Samuel Beckett's novel Company which has been marked up for printing [correspondence in the archive suggests that it was planned to include this pre-publication extract in an issue of the magazine].
- /2 Printed advertisement mounted on card and presumably intended for inclusion in an issue of the magazine.
- /3-4 Two galley versions of a review by Neil Powell of Paul Wilkins's Pasts (the later of which is dated July 1980).
- /5-6 Two galley versions of a review by Michael Vince of three volumes by George Khairallah (the later of which is dated July 1980).
- /7 Bundle of typescript material relating to scheduling and proofing of issues 12-19 of the magazine.
- /8 An early publicity leaflet for Carcanet when the press was still based in Oxford, dated 1971.