Book file containing manuscript and proofs of Paul Mills's poetry collection The third person (Manchester: Carcanet New Press, 1978). The book was printed using offset lithography by Billing and Sons and the copy-editor was Robert Wells. Also included here is a folder of holograph and typescript draft poems by Mills, a number of which appeared in their final form in the collection.
Paul Mills, The third person
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CPA/1/2/1/32
- Former ReferenceGB 133 Sequence 2, Boxes 6 and 35 
- Dates of Creation1972-1978 & n.d.
- Physical Description4 pieces; 247 sheets
Scope and Content
The folder of draft poems did not originally form part of this book file, but was stored separately among the book files from the second sequence of Accession 2. It has been brought together with the book file relating to The third person because a number of the draft poems appear in the collection in their revised versions, and it does not therefore fall into the 'rejected manuscripts' category.