Book file containing manuscript and proofs of the anthology Five American poets: Robert Hass, John Matthias, James McMichael, John Peck, Robert Pinsky, selected by John Matthias, with an introduction by Michael Schmidt (Manchester: Carcanet New Press, 1979). The proof-reader and collator was Margaret Hutchinson and the book was printed by Billings.
John Matthias, Five American poets
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CPA/1/2/1/28
- Former ReferenceGB 133 Sequence 2, Boxes 30  and 55 
- Dates of CreationApr-Jun 1979 & n.d.
- Physical Description5 pieces; 354 sheets
Scope and Content
Material in CPA/1/2/1/28/1-3 formed a coherent book file and was stored together in Box 30. The material listed in CPA/1/2/1/28/4-5 formed two separate bundles in Box 55, but relates to the anthology and has therefore been reconciled with the rest of the papers.