File containing galley proofs of Randall Jarrell's Kipling, Auden & Co.: essays and reviews 1935-1964, edited by Mary Jarrell (Manchester: Carcanet New Press, 1981). It seems that Carcanet bought in the proof sheets of this book from its American publishers, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, and changed the imprint to that of Carcanet for British distribution. The British edition was printed from these proofs by Billings. The galleys consist of the entire text of the volume, but lack preliminaries and index. Stored with copy typescript title sheets and contents pages.
Randall Jarrell, Kipling, Auden & Co.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CPA/1/2/2/14
- Former ReferenceGB 133 Sequence 2, Box 45 
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Physical Description194 sheets the proofs are printed on poor quality paper which is disintegrating at the edges in places