Book file containing manuscript and proofs of Donald Davie's The poet in the imaginary museum: essays of two decades, ed. Barry Alpert (Manchester: Carcanet New Press, 1977), containing pieces selected from Davie's uncollected prose criticism. The book was initially typeset in-house at Carcanet Press and printed by Unwin Brothers. Val Warner was the book's copy-editor.
Donald Davie, The poet in the imaginary museum
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 CPA/1/1/1/26
- Former ReferenceGB 133 Sequence 1, Box 10
- Dates of Creationn.d. 
- Physical Description2 pieces; 426 sheets
Scope and Content
Stored alongside this material were manuscripts and proofs of contributions by Davie to Poetry Nation issues II, III and V. These have now been removed to the relevant magazine files (CPA/1/1/2/4/2 and CPA/1/1/2/6).