- Minute book, 1937-1974;
- Annual returns, 1969-1978;
- Legal document, 1971;
- Photocopies of certificates of Incorporation for Laird-Portch of Scotland Ltd, 1965-1968;
- Loose share certificates 1968-1973.
Records of A James Portch, thread manufacturers, Leicester, England
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb248-ugd199/35
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 UGD 199/35
- Dates of Creation1937-1974
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.075 metres
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Formed in 1937, the company likely became a Coats PLC company during the 1970s, and dissolved at some point in the late 20th century. Throughout the company's operation, they also formed a subsidiary company, Laird - Portch of Scotland, Ltd, which manufactured and distributed clothing and accessories.
Chronological within record series.
Conditions Governing Access
Indefinate loan : Coats PLC : February 2007 : ACCN 3029
Other Finding Aids
Alternative Form Available
No known copies
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
None which affect the use of this material
Conditions Governing Use
Applications for permission to quote should be sent to the Archivist.
Reproduction subject to usual conditions: educational use and condition of documents
This material has been appraised in line with standard GB 0248 procedures
Further accruals expected
Location of Originals
This material is original
No known publications using this material
Description compiled in line with the following international standards: International Council on Archives, ISAD(G) Second Edition, September 1999and National Council on Archives, Rules for the construction of personal, place and corporate names
Scotland is the location of all place names in the administrative/biographical history element, unless otherwise stated.
Fonds level description compiled by Emma Anthony, Business Archives Cataloguer, 20 June 2012.