Various early manuscript drafts and notes for the novel, written in two hardback notebooks and on loose sheets of A4 paper. The drafts are fragmented, evidencing a large degree of revision and rewriting throughout, and there does not appear to be a single, complete draft which follows the story through from beginning to end. The notebooks also contain notes on 'Spellhorn' and 'Blue John', and drafts of various poems including 'The Midnight Man' and 'The True Tale of the Captain's Cat'.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 1840 BD/01/13/01
- Dates of Creationnd [c 2001]
- Physical Description3 items; 244 ff.