- Lecture notes, 1879-1890.
Papers of William Campbell, b 1859, University student, University of Glasgow, Scotland
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 248 ACCN 3743
- Dates of Creation1879-1880
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description0.07 linear metres
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
William Campbell was born in Kelton in Kircudbrightshire and studied Arts at the University of Glasgow between 1876 and 1880, however he did not graduate. According to his matriculation records, he was aged 17 in his first year at the University and his father's name was John, a farmer.
During William's time at the University he took the following classes:
- 1876-1877: Mathematics, Greek and Latin;
- 1877-1878: Latin, Greek;
- 1878-1879: Logic, Mathematics, English Literature;
- 1879-1880: Ethics, Physics.
Listed by box. Items are generally listed in their original order
Conditions Governing Access
Open, subject to the Data Protection Act 1998
Gift : William Alan Campbell : 21 Feb 2013 : ACCN 3746
Collection box listed by Sarah Edwards, Archive Assistant (Graduate Trainee), 18 Apr 2013. Collection level description created by Sarah Edwards, Archive Assistant (Graduate Trainee), 26 Apr 2013
Other Finding Aids
File list available by request to the Duty Archivist