'Consists of a watercolour sketch of a smartly dressed man sending a telegram. 'Caption reads: 'Telegram' - Smith to Mrs Smith - "I announce with grief the death of Uncle Toby this morning - come soon to read will - I believe we are his heirs." Clerk - "Two words too many Sir." Smith - "Oh! Cut out 'with grief'!"
Smartly dressed man sending telegram
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 186 JCII/5/18
- Dates of Creationc. 19th century
- Physical Description1 item, paper.
- Digital Materials
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access