Topographical collections for Oxfordshire and for Fritwell by Edgar Glanfield, with some personal papers.
Topographical Collections by Edgar Glanfield
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.top.oxon.c.690,d.805-15,e.549-86;top.somersete.3
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Top. Oxon. c. 690, d. 805-15, e. 549-86; Top. Somerset e. 3
- Dates of Creation20th century
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description51 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Edgar Glanfield (d 1955) was vicar of Fritwell and an antiquary.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bequeathed to the Library by Edgar Glanfield in 1955.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. II, nos. 54992-55042.