Candidates addresses to electors, also pamphlets, leaflets and newspapercuttings relating to the election, collected by the Library.
GENERAL ELECTION 1959
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 97 COLL MISC 0370
- Dates of Creation1959
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description5 boxes
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
In the 1959 General Election the Conservations won 13,750,875 votes (49.4 per cent),the Labour Party 12,216,172 votes (43.8 per cent), the Liberal Party 1,640,760 votes(5.9 per cent), Sinn Fein 63,415 votes (0.2 per cent) and the Communist Party 30,896 votes(0.1 per cent).
Other Finding Aids
List available ondatabase
Conditions Governing Use