Correspondence and papers relating to the publication of Graham Greene’s works in paperback editions by Penguin Books, 1990-1996. Includes correspondence on the proposed passing to Penguin of the backlist of Lester & Orpen Dennis Ltd on that firm’s bankruptcy, and an attempt in 1990 by Heinemann as part of Octopus Publishing Group to buy the rights for publication under the Mandarin imprint, and a draft of a letter to The Times written in July 1990 (Adamson, p. 186) by Greene protesting at the proposed transfer to Octopus Books. Additional correspondents are: John Hews and James Greene, nephew of Graham Greene.
Correspondence and papers relating to the publication of Graham Greene’s wo ...
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms88987/addms88987/2/46
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88987/2/46
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000635.0x0003b9
- Dates of Creation1990-1996
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)