Correspondence between Reinhardt and Sir Anthony Quayle (and occasionally their wives, Margaret Leighton and Joan Reinhardt, and Dorothy Hyson, respectively, and Quayle’s secretary at the Shakespeare Memorial Theatre, Kaye Flanagan), also including correspondence between Alan Dent and Quayle, and between Laurence Olivier and Quayle. Quayle was a director of Reinhardt and Evans and assisted Reinhardt in suggesting and promoting books on the theatre, and Reinhardt supplied Quayle with many books at cost price: they continued as professional and social friends until Quayle’s death in 1989. Also included : articles of association of Quayle’s company, Anthony Quayle Ltd, dated 10 Dec 1954; correspondence between Reinhardt and Eric Braun on the publication of the autobiography of Dorothy Dickson (mother of Dorothy Hyson); press cuttings of obituaries and articles on Quayle, Dorothy Hyson and Dorothy Dickson; programme of ‘An Evening for Tony Quayle’, memorial readings for Quayle, on 28 Oct 1990.
Correspondence between Reinhardt and Sir Anthony Quayle (and occasionally t ...
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms88987/addms88987/1/6
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88987/1/6
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000913.0x00035b
- Dates of Creation1947-1996
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)