Correspondence, contracts and press cuttings relating to Jack Ashley, Baron Ashley of Stoke's Journey into Silence, published by The Bodley Head, 1973, and Acts of defiance, published by Reinhardt, 1992. Most of the correspondence relates to Acts of defiance and some is of a personal and social nature. Correspondents include: Joan and Max Reinhardt, Jack and Pauline Ashley, Peter Carson, Caroline Muir, Annabel Huxley and Clare Alexander, all of Penguin Books, Amanda Hargreaves, of Reinhardt Books, Pat Cavanagh, of Peters, Fraser and Dunlop, Ashley's agents, Tony McEwan, Andrew Marr, author of the blurb of Acts of defiance, and Ashley's son-in-law, and Antony Armstrong-Jones, Earl of Snowdon.
Correspondence, contracts and press cuttings relating to Jack Ashley, Baron ...
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms88987/addms88987/2/3-4
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88987/2/3-4
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000082.0x00014b
- Dates of Creation1979-1996
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 files
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)