Correspondence, contracts and press cuttings relating to the works of Helen Bannerman. Correspondence includes: publishers' correspondence and contracts between Bodley Head and Bartlett Bliss Publications, Boxtree Books, Tuttle-Mori, Cambus Litho, Causeway Press, Charles Shirley, of Ragged Bears, who took over distribution from Reinhardt Books in 1988, correspondence on objections raised as to the content of Bannerman's books, including some letters of support for the publishers, Reinhardt having taken over the titles in 1986 at which point he asked for all correspondence on this topic to be sent to him personally, correspondence between Sue Arnold of The Observer and Charles Shirley relating to her article on ‘Little Black Sambo’. Other correspondents include: Elizabeth Bowes Lyon and Judy Taylor, both of Reinhardt Books, Fiona Waters, Sir Hugh Carleton Greene and David Machin, all of The Bodley Head, John Welch, of Heffer's bookshop, Nigel Sisson and Peter Carson, both of Penguin Books. With cuttings from 1985 to 1989 on the content of Bannerman’s books and the issues raised by this.
Correspondence, contracts and press cuttings relating to the works of Helen ...
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb58-addms88987/addms88987/2/8
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 58 Add MS 88987/2/8
- Alternative Id.(ark) ark:/81055/vdc_100000000142.0x000201
- Dates of Creation1985-1989
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Not Public Record(s)