Family papers, comprising Grey family papers, 1748-1894; Wood family personal papers, 1716-1998; Courtenay family papers, 1806-1902; Wood family official and professional papers, 1772-1959; records relating to household management, 17th century-1985; family history papers, 1634-1968; diaries, 1792-1956; political journals and memoranda, 1835-1868; and miscellaneous records and personal effects, 19th-20th century; uncatalogued material, 20th century (see fonds level description for more details).
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 193 HALIFAX/A
- Dates of Creation17th century-20th century
- Physical Description239 boxes, 1 roll and 2 oversize folders
Scope and Content
Extent and medium correct to CALM/2005/14 accession, does not include later uncatalogued material. Scope and content also correct to CALM/2005/14. Uncatalogued material is listed briefly here and described in more detail at fonds level.