With Rosamund Strode [who annotated RVW's folk-song collection and succeeded Imogen Holst as Benjamin Britten's amanuensis], relating to: RVW's folk song collecting (MK asks her to proof read Appendix Two of his book, which lists the folk songs collected by RVW); particular songs mentioned include The Lark in the Morn, the Yorkshire wassail song, We've been a while a-wandering, Lincolnshire Farmer, and John Raeburn; also lists a number of RVW's hymn tunes adapted from folk songs which he collected, and describes her efforts to discover his hymn tune sources.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 KEN/3/1/91
- Dates of Creation27 Dec 1963-3 Apr 1964
- Physical Description4 pieces; 5 sheets.