Letter and translation: original letter in German to unnamed recipient [RVW] from Julius Röntgen [German-born Dutch composer, pianist and conductor], relating to his impressions of A Pastoral Symphony, the score of which had been sent to him by the composer. He comments that it is the work of a genius, emphasising his desire to hear the work, commenting on the strange sound effects employed in places, and comparing aspects of the style to the work of Gustav Holst. Also a later, undated, translation of the letter.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 KEN/3/1/1
- Dates of Creation1925 & n.d.
- Physical Description2 pieces.