From Frank [Steward] Howes, music critic of The Times and author of several books on RVW. Contents relate to: the current state of music and music criticism; Alan [Edgar Frederick] Dickinson's book on RVW [Vaughan Williams (London: Faber & Faber, 1963)], which he has been reviewing; some letters sent to him by RVW in which MK may be interested; the first performance of RVW's oratorio, Sancta Civitas in Oxford on 7 May 1926; a performance of the Mass in G Minor in 1923; a performance of The Poisoned Kiss; RVW's An Oxford Elegy; and Concerto in A Minor for oboe and strings.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 KEN/3/1/16
- Dates of Creation19 Aug 1962-3 Apr 1963
- Physical Description6 pieces; 7 sheets.