With Pamela J. Willetts, Assistant Keeper of Manuscripts at the British Museum. Relates to planned visits to consult the RVW collection held at the museum, and various queries on the manuscripts which are answered by post. Works by RVW which are mentioned include: The Voice out of the Whirlwind; the Te Deum and Benedictus; Hugh the Drover; the incidental music for Richard II, the serial The Mayor of Casterbridge and the film 49th Parallel; 3 German folk songs (Wanderlied, Abschied and Der Morgenstern); Willow Wood; the Suite for Pipes; A London Symphony; Riders to the Sea; The Lark Ascending; The Prelude on Three Welsh Hymn Tunes; the film music for Bitter Springs; a notebook containing 'notes for St Joan'.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 KEN/3/1/56
- Dates of Creation8 Apr 1963-27 Apr 1964
- Physical Description15 pieces; 16 sheets.