This file covers receipts and payments accounts for local branches of the Shakespeare Memorial National Theatre.
Local branches were occasionally responsible for organising events or performances to advertise or support the movement. Records of such events may be found in some of the accounts in this section; these may be programmes for performances or invoices and cheques for expenses connected with organising such events. Annual reports of the activity of a particular branch are also occasionally included.
The file includes accounts for local branches across the UK for the following areas (accouts dates are indicated in brackets):
- London: Battersea (1912), Blackheath (1913), Croydon (1910-1914), Greenwich and Blackheath (1911-1912), Hampstead (1910-1912), Hornsea and Highate (1910-1913), Paddington and Bayswater (1911-1914), Streatham (1910), Wimbledon (1910-1914), Woolwich (1912-1913).
- Midlands: Birmingham (1910-1911), Leicester (1912), Nottingham (1910-1913), Northampton (1912), Worcester, Shrewsbury (1913).
- North: Bradford (1910-1914), Derby (1911-1912), Harrogate (1910, 1912-1913), Hull (1910-1913), Leeds (1910-1913), Manchester (1910-1911, 1914), Newcastle upon Tyne (1910, 1913), Sheffield (1911-1913).
- South: Bournemouth (no date), Bristol (1910-1913), Eastbourne (1912).
- Scotland: Aberdeen (1911-1912), Dundee (1911-1912), Edinburgh (1910), Glasgow (1910-1913, 1915).
- Wales: Cardiff and District (1911-1913).
- Ireland: Belfast (1911-1913), Dublin (1910-1912).