The relationship of the Shakespeare Memorial National Theatre with the Charity Commissioners, and the status of the SMNT as a Charity.
Areas covered include:
- Correspondence with the Charity Commissioners about the Shakespeare Memorial National Theatre funds (1962).
- Registration of the Shakespeare Memorial Trust as a Charity under the Charity Act (1962).
- Possible issues with the Charity Commission in relation to the potential collaboration between the Old Vic, the National Theatre and Sadler's Wells (1962).
- Contribution of the SMNT to the expenses of the Joint Council (1946).
- Charity Commissioners to authorise the payment of architects' fees and legal expenses in connection with the conveyance of the [South Bank] site, to be paid out of income from SMNT trust (1946).