File includes press cuttings and a small amount of articles cut from periodicals and journals, for the following years:
- 1910s: 1913, 1915, 1916, 1918, 1919
- 1920s: 1920-1925, 1927-1929
- 1930s: 1937-1939
- 1940s: 1945, 1948-1949
- 1950s: 1951, 1953, 1955-1956
- 1960s: 1961
- 1970s: 1972
Also includes a few non-dated articles, as follows:
- 'A National Theatre, Shakespeare in Whitehall, Progress of Memorial Scheme' (letter to the editor), by Ernest Law, newspaper title not indicated [ca. pre. 1920]
- 'The New Shakespeare Company', author or newspaper title not indicated [ca. 1919-1922]
- 'Sharing the Honour, Sir Charles Cartwright, Social Service of the Future', by Sir James Marchant, author or newspaper title not indicated [possibly ca. 1920s-1930s]
- 'The National Theatre', author or newspaper title not indicated [ca. pre. 1930]
- Page torn from a newspaper, with drawing entitled 'Shakespeare Festival'. The drawing shows two characters on stage in a Shakespeare play; a bust of Shakespeare is visible on the left hand side of the drawing and a drawing of the Queen yawning, is on the right hand side. Drawing marked as '1/3 Trog' [possibly ca. 1930s-1940s].
- 'Australian National Theatre, Mr. Chifley's plan', author or newspaper title not indicated [ca. 1950s]. Reports that Tyrone Guthrie has visited Australia to advise the government on the issue.