This file documents the management of the Shakespeare Memorial National Theatre trust.
Areas covered include:
- Letter from solicitors Bircham & Co. to Kenneth Rae, about legal aspects of the SMNT trust and the Charity Commission (1962).
- Correspondence on the appointment of Kenneth Barnes as trustee of the SMNT after the death of J.P. Blake (1951).
- Correspondence of Kenneth Rae with Kenneth Barnes, about use of SMNT funds to pay for the architect's plans (1953).
- Correspondence documenting procedures associated with such the appointment of Laurence Olivier as a trustee of the SMNT fund, following the death of Kenneth Barnes (late 1957-early 1958).
- Correspondence with Howard Roberts about the agreement between the London County Council and the SMNT Trustees, relating to the site for the National Theatre (1952).
- Arrangements for the signing of cheques and access to safe boxes (1951).