Correspondence and memoranda about the future administration of the Old Vic.
- Future organisation of the National Theatre-Old Vic; future administrative organisation of the Old Vic in view of the forthcoming creation of the NT.
- Copies of Private Memorandum on the future possible expansion of the Old Vic and suggested administrative set-up.
- Minutes of special meeting of the Governors of the Royal Victoria Hall, 08/12/1949.
- Memorandum entitled 'National Theatre and Old Vic - Future Administration': Old Vic Executive recommends implementation of recommendations of the Joint Council on the future running of the Old Vic; covers areas such as the Old Vic Theatre Company, the Old Vic Theatre Centre and the Bristol Old Vic Company.
- Press announcement on Old Vic administration, Dec. 1948, gives news of administrative re-organisation of the Old Vic following announcement in Parliament of forthcoming National Theatre Bill.
- Suggestion that the Old Vic should be managed by an Administrator and discussion of potential suitable candidates; reactions of current Old Vic directors (Olivier, Burrell, Richardson) to the suggestion of appointing an Administrator. Suggestion that the present form of administration with three directors is not efficient.
- Timetable for three Old Vic companies to play at the same time in Europe and Asia.
- Draft minutes, meeting and date not specified [ca. 1946], state that the Directors of the Old Vic Theatre Company, the Directors of other Old Vic Companies and the Directors of the Old Vic Theatre Centre shall be responsible to the Old Vic Sub-Committee.