General papers of the Old Vic Executive Committee; includes reports, correspondence and minutes.
File covers the following areas:
- Members joining or resigning from the Joint Council
- Old Vic-NT representation on the Joint Council
- Letters of notice for Old Vic National Theatre Executive Committee meetings; agenda e.g. for March 1953, October 1950
- Minutes of Old Vic Executive Committee, 26/10/1950.
- Various reports from Old Vic Executive Committee (or Old Vic Sub-Committee) for the Joint Council, 1946-49, with updates on the work/tours etc of the Old Vic Theatre Company, the Old Vic Theatre Centre and membership of the sub-committee.
- Large series of reports from the Old Vic Executive Committee for the Meeting of the Governors of the Royal Victoria Hall, 1946-1950, covering for example the Old Vic Theatre Company, the Old Vic building, drama plans such as suggested programme of plays for the Old Vic Company, etc.
- Rae-Violet Bonham Carter correspondence, ca. 1946-49, about meetings attendance etc. [Bonham Carter was on the Old Vic National Theatre sub-Committee].
- Notices and agenda for meetings of the Directors of the Old Vic Trust Limited often paired with notices/agenda for meetings of Old Vic Executive Committee, 1947-51 (Cf. minute book in Box 34); there is a large series of these double agenda in the file.
- Letter from Bronson Albery accepting invitation to join Old Vic Executive Committee, 1947.
- Correspondence, for example inviting members to meetings etc.
- Extract from minutes of Old Vic Sub-Committee meeting, 05/06/1947.
- Notice and agenda of meetings of the Old Vic Sub-Committee, 1946-47.
- Notes on informal meeting between Esher, Albery, Chamberlain and Rae, 02/10/1946; see copy of these notes in SMNT35/3.
- Membership of the Old Vic Sub-Committee.