This file documents the transfer of trusteeship of the Shakespeare Memorial National Theatre assets to the South Bank Theatre and Opera House Board. The final agreement was dated 10/06/1964.
Areas covered in the file include:
- Communications with the Charity Commission about the transfer of trusteeship.
- Details of the conditions attached to the transfer of trusteeship.
- Discussion about the role of the SMNT General and Executive Committees after the transfer, also in relation to the position of the South Bank Theatre and Opera House Board as trustees of the SMNT funds.
- Attempts of SMNT Committee to precisely define the assets of the SMNT trust,
- Details concerning of the transfer of ownership of the South Kensington site in relation to the change of trusteeship.