Letter from Eliza [Mary] Hillier to Martha [Saul]; [Shanghai]
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 MS 381124/01/01/22
- Dates of Creation28 August 1851-10 October 1851
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
Martha Saul, née Medhurst, was known affectionately as Toddles. She was married to Robert Powell Saul, a merchant.
Karl Gützlaff was a famous missionary in the East Asia. He was Chinese Secretary to the Government when he died in August 1851.
Conditions Governing Use
For permission to publish, please contact Archives & Special Collections, SOAS Library in the first instance
Copyright held by Andrew Hillier