DECLARATION in Mrs Yale's handwriting that she will not again stay at Yale after the 2nd January. Apparently she has before often expressed her wishes on this point but has always been put off with promises which never came to anything.
Also: LIST entitled '12 Articles against residing at Plas yn Yale', namely:
1. no church
2. unsalubrious climate
3. no social intercourse with persons of one's own kind
4. unpicturesque country
5. distance from a medical man
6. distance from the post
7. distance from a market
8. all articles of consumption expensive
9. a strange and perplexing language and the attachment of the people to their chapels
10. "a jealous, cunning, sordid, ungrateful peasantry, barbarous in manners and reprobate in morals".
11. "the devil's foreman for a pastor"
12. high wages which have to be paid to persuade greedy servants to live in so unchristian a place.