Correspondence with John Sebelien.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 103 MS ADD 113
- Dates of Creation1921-1924
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description12 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Petrie was born in Charlton and educated privately. He worked on many excavation sites, mostly in Egypt. He was Edwards Professor of Egyptology at University College London from 1892 to 1933, and Emeritus Professor from 1933. He published many works on excavation. Petrie was knighted in 1923.
The papers are available subject to the usual conditions of access to Archives and Manuscripts material, after the completion of a Reader's Undertaking.
Given by Mrs Holford of Surbiton in March 1967.
Other Finding Aids
Collection level description.
Conditions Governing Use
Normal copyright restrictions apply.