Rate book, parish of Llanfair, Merioneth, 1846-1855. Includes names of occupiers, owners, acreage, rateable value etc.
Llanfair, Merioneth Rate Book
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb222-bmsslarb
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 222 BMSS LARB
- Dates of Creation1846-1855
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The parish of Llanfair, Merioneth, north Wales was a civil as well as an ecclesiastical administrative unit. In common with other parishes it was a major instrument of local government with responsibility for poor relief, highways and law and order, which continued until reforms in the late nineteenth century. Rate books were compiled to record details of the rate paying inhabitants of a particular area.
Conditions Governing Access
Open to all users
Description compiled by Anne Lenaghan, July 2002.
Other Finding Aids
Item level word-processed list is available at the Archives Department, University of Wales, Bangor. Reference number: General Collection of Bangor Manuscripts: 1052
Conditions Governing Use
Usual copyright conditions apply. Reprographics are made at the discretion of the Archivist.