A contemporary copy, in codex form, of the will of Humphrey Chetham [16 December 1651], entitled The Will and Testament of Humphrey Cheetham, Esquire, on folios 1-45v; with a copy of the grant of probate, 21 March 1653/4, on folios 46-47 (Raines and Sutton, op. cit., pp. 228-61). The will is decorated with an elaborate opening initial and several gilded capitals. Folios 47v-50v are blank.
Last Will and Testament
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 133 Eng MS 1149
- Dates of Creationlate 17th century
- Physical Description243 x 170 mm. 1 volume (i + 50 + i folios); Medium: vellum and paper. Binding: contemporary calf binding (stamped MDCLXII ), with gold tooling; rebacked.
Scope and Content
Donated to the John Rylands Library by Raymond Richards esq., MA, FSA, in April 1950.
Bookplates of Sir Francis Wood, Bart., and Raymond Richards (1906-1978) [antiquary].