- MS 1450/1/1-11;D Letters (11) to his wife, Eleanor, 3 August 1914 to 9 October 1916 [Mainly personal letters but containing some information on the progress of the expedition and on his own activities] 14 leaves, holograph
- MS 1078/4;D Letter to brother of Frank Wild (no name given), 21 February 1943 [Lists surviving members of the expedition] 2 leaves, holograph
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 Walter How/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation3 August 1914 t 21 February 1943
- Name of Creator
- Physical Description12 letters
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence comprises of letters written by How as a member of the Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition, [Weddell Sea Party], 1914-1916 (leader Sir Ernest Henry Shackleton) and later letters regarding fellow expedition members.
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.