The collection comprises:
- Memorandum and articles of association, July 1909 (BGN 1).
- Legal papers, December 1900-January 1939 (BGN 2).
- Annual reports, 1950-1960 (BGN 3).
- Statements of accounts, 1919-1963 (BGN 4).
- Wage records, August 1908-December 1969 (BGN 5, 8).
- Millers' remuneration agreement forms, April 1942-July 1954 (BGN 6).
- Ledgers and cash books, July 1909-March 1963 (BGN 7, 9-11).
- Insurance records, valuations and inventories, August 1908-December 1968 (BGN 12-13).
- Shareholding records, July 1909-February 1957 (BGN 14).
- Correspondence with trade associations, December 1901-April 1969 (BGN 15).
- Specifications for new works, flow diagrams of milling systems, and plans of the mill, June 1925-August 1954 (BGN 16-18).
- Printed items, -1962 (BGN 19).
- Photographs, undated c.1920 (BGN 20).
- Personal papers of the Gilliatt family, 1931-1962 (BGN 22-24).
The longest series of records is the annual profit and loss accounts (BGN 4). Of particular interest are the wartime inventories and valuations (BGN 13), plans and photographs of the exterior of the premises in Pinder Street (BGN 18 and 20), and a pamphlet providing a short history of the firm up to 1920 (BGN 19/3). The collection provides an incomplete record of the firm and there are gaps in many series but there is sufficient information contained within the collection to support a modest study of the milling industry in the East Midlands.