Photocopied typescript and manuscript of Him now; aSolomon Islands honeymoon, reminiscences of life as the wife of acolonial officer, 1946, with part of a re-write, 1949-1950.
Papers of Mary Marquand
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.pac.s.99
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Pac. s. 99
- Dates of Creation1946-1950
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description1 box
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Mary Marquand was the wife of W.J. Marquand (b 1917), colonial officer andadministrator. W.J. Marquand served as District Officer, British Solomon IslandsProtectorate from 1946 and High Commissioner, Fiji, 1950-1953. He held thepost of Assistant Secretary, Uganda from 1953 and was appointed Senior AssistantSecretary in 1961.
Conditions Governing Access
Bodleian reader's ticket required.
Collection level description created by Paul Davidson, Bodleian Library of Commonwealth and African Studies at Rhodes House.
Other Finding Aids
Listed as no. 768 in Manuscript Collections in Rhodes House Library Oxford, Accessions 1978-1994 (Oxford, Bodleian Library, 1996).
Conditions Governing Use
No reproduction or publication of personal papers without permission. Contact the library in the first instance.