This is a collection of journal articles, press releases, reports, working papers, correspondence and other original documents compiled by the Runnymede Trust during the course of its research and day-to-day work.
Runnymede Trust Research Files Collection
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
Scope and Content
There are over 170 boxes containing material held in the original subject order devised by the Trust.
Subjects covered by the research files are as follows, in the following system of arrangement:
- Deportations - Individual cases and campaigns
- Citizenship and nationality
- Race and racism
- Politics and race relations
- Far-right and fascist politics and groups in Britain
- Trade unions and race relations
- Inner cities and race
- Social services
- Policing and racial violence
- Prison and prisoners
- Legal system
- Censuses and demography
- Culture, arts and religion
- Migrants and ethnic issues in Europe and the European community
- Race and immigration abroad
- Black and Ethnic Minority Women
- Black and ethnic minorities and the media
- Human rights and civil liberties
More detailed descriptions can be found on the Black Cultural Archives' Calm View: http://www.calmview.eu/BCA/CalmView/TreeBrowse.aspx?db=Catalog&field=RefNo&key=RC
This collection is available for research. Readers are strongly urged to contact Black Cultural Archives in advance of their visit. Some of the material may be stored off-site and advance notice of at least a week is needed in order to retrieve this material.
The reading room is open for access to archive materials Wednesdays-Fridays, 10am-4pm. The reading room is also open late every second Thursday of the month, 1pm-7pm.
Please email the archivist to book an appointment email@example.com
Runnymede Trust, transferred from Middlesex University, 2011.