Syme's papers consist of a holograph draft of The Roman Revolution; papers relating to the Ministry of Information International Propaganda and Broadcasting Enquiry, 1939; and papers relating to the International Balzan Foundation, 1961-8.
Papers of Sir Ronald Syme
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.c.2279-83,d.2099
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. c. 2279-83, d. 2099
- Dates of Creation[1930s]-1968
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description6 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir Ronald Syme (1903-89) was a classical historian. Details are given in Who Was Who.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were given to the Library by Sir Ronald Syme in 1970.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.