Nastaliq script. Gold illumination. A few lines of poetry about God. First two lines: In God, the most high I have hope, he is the brilliant and most high. Last line: forgive the sins of Muhammad Salih. Dated 1080. Engraving of man on reverse side. Ink, pigment, gold, on paper. 1 sheet. Dimensions 320 x 220 mm.
Poetry about God in Nastaliq calligraphy
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 PP MS 95/07/07
- Former ReferenceGB 102 SOASAW 2011.0243.01
- Dates of Creationn.d.
- Language of MaterialPersian
- Physical Description1 piece
Scope and Content
Removed from red wooden frame by SOAS Brunei Gallery staff before transfer to SOAS Library
Descriptive text from former entry on SOAS Brunei Gallery catalogue
Following its donation to SOAS by the Fereydoun Djam Charitable Trust in 2011, this item was held in the SOAS Brunei Gallery art collection between 2011-2015 [Reference: SOASAW 2011.0243.01]