Collection of 19th-century drawings and water-colours, mainly topographical, compiled by Archibald Leslie-Melville.
19th-century Drawings and Water-colours
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.drawingsgen.a.3-4,b.3-5,c.2-5;top.gen.a.6,c.34;top.scotlandc.1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Drawings gen. a. 3-4, b. 3-5, c. 2-5; Top. gen. a. 6, c. 34; Top. Scotland c. 1
- Dates of Creation19th century
- Name of Creator
- Language of MaterialEnglish.
- Physical Description12 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Archibald Leslie-Melville, 13th Earl of Leven (1890-1947). Details are given in Who Was Who.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The collection was given to the Library by Archibald Leslie-Melville in 1920.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
M. Clapinson and T.D. Rogers, Summary Catalogue of Post-Medieval Western Manuscripts in the Bodleian Library Oxford. Acquisitions 1916-1975. (Oxford, 1991), vol. I, nos. 39390-401.