Brown leather bookmark. One rectangular piece of soft leather (possibly pig leather) with fringing at both ends, embossed lettering, and a black embossed monogram in the lower half. Inserted in a diary.
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 106 7HPA/12/105a
- Former ReferenceGB 106 CM Object/ 7/HPA/12/105/1
- Dates of Creationc.1956
- Physical Description1 item
Scope and Content
Physical Characteristics and/or Technical Requirements
Poor condition. Fringes delicate, brittle, flaking and some broken, especially the bottom fringes. Surface of leather dirty. Brittle and cracking near the top, whitened from damp. Reverse dirty and marked with blue ink top and bottom. Very delicate. Slight repair needed. Production method: cut and tanned.