This collection consists of official correspondence and other papers.
Papers of Sir John Francis Cradock and Sir John Hobart Caradoc
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb161-mss.eng.b.2028-32,c.2737-60,d.2294-5
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 161 MSS. Eng. b. 2028-32, c. 2737-60, d. 2294-5
- Dates of Creation1806-58
- Language of MaterialEnglish, Spanish or Castilian, and French.
- Physical Description31 shelfmarks
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
Sir John Francis Cradock, later Caradoc, 1st Baron Howden (1762-1839), and his son Sir John Hobart Caradoc, 2nd Baron Howden (1799-1873) were both generals. Details are given in the Dictionary of National Biography.
Conditions Governing Access
Entry to read in the Library is permitted only on presentation of a valid reader's card (for admissions procedures see http://www.bodleian.ox.ac.uk/specialcollections).
The papers were bought from The Chaucer Head Antiquarian Booksellers, York, in 1991, with help from Bodley's American Friends.
Collection level description created by Emily Tarrant, Department of Special Collections and Western Manuscripts.
Other Finding Aids
A full description is available in the Library.