- MS 1483/1/1-3;D Letters (2) to Derby City Museum, February-March 1954 [Including list of notes on articles deposited by him in the museum] 12 leaves, holograph
- MS 100/120/1-2;D Letters (2) to Hugh Robert Mill, 22 May 1913 to 5 August 1920 [Regarding blizzards so fateful to Scott local peculiarity of the western Ross Ice Shelf] 2 leaves, typescript and holograph
- MS 1453/173;D Letter to Robert Falcon Scott, 26 January 1913 [Regarding meeting to discuss publication of physical results of the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913] 2 leaves, holograph
- MS 1122/3/1-29;D Letters (28) to Professor Arthur Schuster, 1902-1910 [Early letters regarding work on atmosphere electricity in Germany and Norway. Later regarding wish to join British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913, preparations for the expedition] 41 leaves, holograph
- MS 1315;D Letter to Miss Florence Schuster, 3 January 1911 [Greetings from Ross Sea, Antarctica] 2 leaves, holograph
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 15 George Clarke Simpson/Correspondence
- Dates of Creation1902-1954
- Name of Creator
- Physical DescriptionCirca 34 letters
- Direct Link
Scope and Content
Administrative / Biographical History
The correspondence relates primarily to the British Antarctic Expedition, 1910-1913 (leader Robert Falcon Scott).
The correspondence is arranged alphabetically by recipient.
Alternative Form Available
MS 1483/1/1-3;D are copies.
MS 1483/1/1-3;D originals held by Derby City Museum (1982)