Files of letters sent between John Swire & Sons, London, Butterfield & Swire Japan, Swire and Gilchrist Pty Australia and directors of AJCL. Letters relate to routine shipping matters in Australia and Japan, in particular with regards to the re-organisation of AJCL; Australia/Singapore/Malaysia trade and industrial relations with ships crews. Papers include AJCL Board circulars, marketing results and sailing results.
China Navigation Company Australia Japan Trade Letters
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 JSS/3/11/26
- Alternative Id.GB 102 JSSIII 11/26
- Former ReferenceGB 102 CNCo 3517 and CNCo 3518; JSSIII 9/23
- Dates of Creation1972
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description2 files
Scope and Content
Letters are arranged by geographical location (to and from Hong Kong, to and from Sydney, to and from Tokyo) and are arranged chronologically within each section.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Conditions Governing Use
Copying for personal research purposes is permitted. Please contact the archivist for all publication requests.
Copyright is owned by John Swire & Sons, Ltd, 59 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ