Notebook kept by the Second Officer of the SS Nanchang between 1948-1949. The notes refer to routine maintenance of the ship and equipment on board. There is also a textbook 'Engineering for Nautical Students' enscribed with the name Gordon Henshaw, though it is not known if there is a connection between this volume and the notebook
China Navigation Company Overhaul Notebook 'Nanchang'
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-jss/jss/3/15/1
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 JSS/3/15/1
- Alternative Id.GB 102 JSSIII 15/1
- Dates of Creation1948
- Physical Description1
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
The notebook was donated to SOAS by Mr Rawlinson following a house clearance. Tere
Conditions Governing Use
Copying for personal research purposes is permitted. Please contact the archivist for all publication requests.
Copyright is owned by John Swire & Sons, Ltd, 59 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ