Letters sent from Butterfield & Swire Hong Kong and Shanghai offices to John Swire and Sons London office concerning staff. Includes letters documenting; leave; staff appointments and vacancies; staff replacements; staff movements; salaries; expenses; staff illness; staff Chinese language classes; female members of staff. File has been indexed by surname and subject.
Staff Letters from Butterfield & Swire to John Swire and Sons
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-jss/jss/2/7/4/33/01
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 JSS/2/7/4/33/01
- Alternative Id.GB 102 JSSII 7/4/33/1
- Former ReferenceGB 102 1126 (Staff Letters No. 27)
- Dates of Creation1923
- Physical Description0.5 box
Scope and Content
Conditions Governing Access
Conditions Governing Use
Copying for personal research purposes is permitted. Please contact the archivist for all publication requests.
Copyright is owned by John Swire & Sons, Ltd, 59 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ