Letters to and from John Swire & Sons London, Butterfield & Swire Japan and Butterfield and Swire in Sydney relating to routine business matters including Japan and Australia trade, the management of cargo shipments, routine upkeep, conversion and sales of vessels. In particular this file covers advertising, trade in Australia, Associated Container Transportation Limited [ACT] Atlas Line, factors affecting business in Bangkok, chartering of vessels, business in Japan and Micronesia, second-hand tonnage, sale of 'S' class, and trade with regards to the Port Line / Ellerman / Blue Star in Australia and Japan. Includes subject index.
China Navigation Company Eastern General Letters
- For more information, email the repository
- Advice on accessing these materials
- Cite this description https://archiveshub.jisc.ac.uk/data/gb102-jss/jss/3/10/7
- This material is held at
- ReferenceGB 102 JSS/3/10/7
- Alternative Id.GB 102 JSSIII 10/7
- Former ReferenceGB 102 CNCo 2772
- Dates of CreationJan 1967-Jun 1967
- Language of MaterialEnglish
- Physical Description1 file
Scope and Content
Letters are arranged geographically into four sections: to the East, from the East, to Australia and from Australia and are arranged chronologically within these sections.
Conditions Governing Access
Other Finding Aids
Conditions Governing Use
Copying for personal research purposes is permitted. Please contact the archivist for all publication requests.
Copyright is owned by John Swire & Sons, Ltd, 59 Buckingham Gate, London, SW1E 6AJ